The GEO Group UK Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The GEO Group Inc., a world leader in providing custody, escorting and offender management services to Governments around the world. We have been operating in the UK.
- 1984 Wackenhut Corrections Corporation was formed in the USA.
- 1992 Wackenhut Corrections Corporation and Serco formed Premier Custodial Group Ltd in the UK as a joint venture.
- 1996 Premier Custodial Services Ltd was awarded its first contract, HMP Kilmarnock in Scotland.
- 2003 Premier Custodial Services Ltd was discontinued and sold to Serco.
- 2003 Wackenhut Corrections Corporation changed its name to GEO Incorporation.
- 2003 The GEO Group UK Ltd was formed.
- 2007 We won our first contract, Campsfield House Immigration Removal Centre.
- 2009 We won our second contract, Harmondsworth Immigration Removal Centre.
- 2011 We won our third contract, Dungavel Immigration Removal Centre.